1. I am woefully behind on everything in my life, including reading LJ. Hopefully someday I'll catch up, but it won't be this week. Please feel free to point me at interesting things you've posted that I might otherwise miss! I'm behind on reading Yuletide stories, too. Busy being social, mostly, but also feeling just a little awkward about the whole thing this year. The politics of being in fandom keeps clouding my thought processes. But I might rally before the reveal! We will see.
2. Speaking of Yuletide stories, I'll write a prompt ficlet for anyone who manages to guess one of the ones I wrote without having inside knowledge of that particular story. I kind of doubt any of them are obvious, but I guess you never know. :)
3. Incidentally, I'm curious. Is there a reasonable rundown somewhere of why people dislike OTW/AO3? Preferably as fair and balanced as possible, but I'm interested in all the perspectives. I don't want huge flaming discussion (please don't link to communities), but it feels like something I perhaps ought to have a deeper understanding of.
4. Sherlock Holmes was ( spoilers! Non-spoilery: Highly enjoyable. )
5. Besides Sherlock Holmes, I've been jotting down some other notes for next year's Yuletide fandoms. I am inclined to keep The Obnoxious Jerks, Athena, and Mysterious Skin, and I'm thinking about resurrecting A Tale of Time City and Initial D. There's a lot of other stuff discussed previously, but the things that keep occurring to me lately: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants really needs more Carmen-centric fic, the Old Kingdom Trilogy by Garth Nix needs more Sabriel-centric fic, and I'm highly tempted to nominate the School Daze series by Jerry Spinelli, which just might be even more obscure than The Obnoxious Jerks, for all the more people probably know the name Spinelli than Manes. Castle will probably be too big next year for Yuletide, which is good in a lot of ways, but I feel like there needs to be way more Ryan/Esposito (slash or gen, either way!) fic out there. I'm not against the Castles and Beckett (and more Beckett/Parish wouldn't go amiss), I like them a lot, but I think my love of Poke from Generation Kill has sort of adhered itself to Esposito, too -- I just have a thing for Jon Huertas now, no way around it. I am also still kind of attached to the weird cross-season Project Runway pairing I've been considering; it's one of those things I kind of doubt will ever occur to anyone else, so I should probably just write it or request it. *ponders*