Well, at least the first draft. Which may or may not require someone fluent in French for some of the dialogue, unless I dispense with that idea. And which definitely requires a beta or two to send it to when I'm done. Ack.
1. Make posts for Children's Book Week
. There are so many Children's and YA books I'd like to gush about!
2. Make posts regarding the recent conversation
about sexual violence and rape culture
for the latter link) that's been happening lately. I'd been meaning to make a post about harassment even before this, but for now I'll just say this: safe spaces are important, and support is important, and I am incredibly impressed by and grateful to the many, many, many smart, brave, wonderful women who have addressed this issue and talked about their own experiences.
3. Make posts about television shows or movies or plays I've been watching.
4. Make posts about figure skaters. (Oh, how I wish I could gush about figure skaters.)
5. Watch nearly as many figure skating related videos as I would like to, unless they are holiday_on_ice
6. And they must be research for the first story, not the one that I accidentally started planning out and writing for a different prompt. I'm not allowed to write that story until the first one is done, damn it.
7. Write any
other stories. Really, no.
8. See as much of my family and friends as I would like to... I still haven't called most people to even tell them I'm in town, argh. I still have a couple of weeks, though, so hopefully there will be plenty of time after I finish the fic.
9. Play games. No card games with my family, no board games with my friends, no poking at my tabletop rpg characters, no Sims, nothing.
10. Read other people's stories. Well, at least not more than a tiny handful. I am bad at cutting things out entirely, but cutting down should be possible...
I also really need to stop reading other people's posts about figure skaters or fandoms not related to the story I'm supposed to be writing, but it is very difficult. So I'm not making it a rule. But I should probably buckle down and concentrate! It's much easier to daydream about the story than it is to write it, though. At least I'm above the word count minimum? /o\